Recycled paper notebooks that make a difference
Eco and social focussed notebooks made from coffee cup waste
Every single month, we’re engaging with new and innovative branded merchandise options from around the world with the potential to promote your brand effectively. This month, we’re taking a look at a more traditional gift option that heavily focuses on greener living and helps fund social projects in impoverished areas of Africa.
When sourcing branded merchandise and promotional stationery for employees, notebooks are a fantastic option to put showcase your logo, artwork, messaging, or design. So why not take a look at a model that fits the part, but is designed to plant trees… instead of cutting them down. Introducing the Cafeco A5 Notebook.
In the UK alone, the trees it takes to produce our paper needs equates to the size of Wales (21,000km²), every single year. If we were to recycle 10% more of this paper, we’d save around 5 million trees per year. Unlike most other notepads, the Cafeco is made from 100% recycled paper fibres, meaning no trees were cut down in order to make it.
Turning coffee cups into notebooks
The paper waste used in making these notebooks stems from both post-industrial and post-consumer waste.
40% of the notebook is manufactured from wasted office stationery, such as used notebooks and printer paper. The remaining 60% of the notebook is made from recycled used cardboard coffee cups.
In 2018, 2.5 billion coffee cups are thrown away every single year in the UK alone. Of those, only 0.25% were actually recycled. Although that number is heading in a better direction, it’s great to see that those that are being recycled are going into worthwhile products.
Not only is the Cafeco Notebook 100% recycled, but it is also 100% recyclable! Once it’s no longer needed, simply pop it in your curbside paper recycling and it’ll live on to find another use. Even the card inside of the cover is recycled!
Manufactured in the UK
The Cafeco Notebook is made and distributed here in the UK, lowering the logistical carbon emissions, as well as avoiding any post-Brexit taxation.
The book is completely vegan, meaning that no animal products are contained in the product, nor are they used in the manufacturing process. The notebook contains zero substances of high concern and is REACH compliant.
Production of the book is certified to ISO 14401.
Planting trees instead of cutting them down
For every Cafeco Notebook ordered, 2p gets donated to Tree Aid, an amazing charity that offers a sustainable future to poverty-stricken communities in Africa by planting trees, building wells and educating communities to care for the trees and harvest them for food and materials.
So rather than chopping down trees to make your next notebook, you can rest easy knowing that your next marketing campaign is actually planting them, helping reforestation and carbon offsetting efforts across Africa.
If you’d like to discuss your next promotional notebook or find out other eco-friendly ways to promote your organisation, speak to a member of our team today. We’re happy to help. Call us on 01234 841741, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.