Promotional merchandise made from coffee

Celebrating International Coffee Day 2021

Did you know that coffee is the most popular drink worldwide? In the UK alone, on average, 2 cups of coffee are drunk per day with 57% of coffee being consumed at breakfast time. To help us celebrate International Coffee Day, we have brewed up a selection of coffee-related branded merchandise.

Although COVID had a huge impact on our local coffee shops and cafes, that hasn’t hindered the nation from getting their daily drink. In fact, coffee production in Brazil has seen a record rise with 67.9 million bags traded over 2020/21, a rise of 8.6 million bags compared to the previous crop year.

Make the most of the World’s favourite bean and incorporate our coffee made merchandise into your next marketing campaign.

Coffee cups made of coffee waste

In 2019, approximately 95 million cups were consumed per day in the UK alone. Not only is that a lot of single-use cups going to landfill but also a lot of coffee grounds are wasted.

However, technology has advanced and developed methods in repurposing our waste as well as food waste into quality promotional merchandise.

With a lot of eco-friendly cups, you’ll find that their lid is still made from silicone or PP plastic, not quite the full eco package. The Coffee Travel Cup and Coffee Mug On The Go are the first two exceptions, both made from sugarcane and recycled coffee grounds; lid and all.

If you love the smell of coffee, then these cups provide an extrasensory experience as the aroma from the recycled coffee grounds comes through as you drink.

Branded stationery made from coffee waste

Whether you’re an avid coffee lover looking to accessorise with branded coffee products, or looking to switch your plastic products to a recycled material; our stationery range has some unique coffee-based products to offer.

You may have seen one of our recent blogs highlighting the brilliant Cafeco A5 notebook. 60% of this notebook is made from recycled coffee cups with the remaining 40% made from recycled office stationery. An eco-friendly notebook that is made from 100% recycled materials, is 100% recyclable and manufactured in the UK to help reduce your carbon footprint.

8 million disposable coffee cups are thrown away every day in the UK alone, so by purchasing this recycled coffee cup product, you’re helping reduce the amount that ends up in landfills. Even better still, for every Cafeco Notebook ordered, 2p gets donated to Tree Aid.

Cafeco Recycled Notebooks

To match your coffee waste notebooks, we have two coffee waste pens! The Espresso pen is made with 30% recycled coffee material with a clip made from 30% recycled wheat material. The clip can be branded with your logo and fits nicely into the pen loop on the Cafeco notebook.

If you’d like a coffee waste pen with branding on the barrel then our Coffee Pen has a larger print area. Made from 40% coffee grounds. While that percentage may seem low, this pen’s remaining 60% is made from ABS plastic which can be recycled after use.

Sample travel cup for coffee and more

With the latest Sycal Winter Catalogue comes a range of promotional samples, including a branded travel tumbler. The Oakridge tumbler is a double-walled, stainless steel tumbler with a lid for spill-free journeys. You can request our latest catalogue with this free sample coffee tumbler here.

If you’d like to discuss how your organisation can use coffee branded merchandise to promote your next marketing campaign, speak to a member of our merchandise team today.

Call us on 01234 841741, or drop an email over to, we’re happy to help.